Associate, Galveston Office
(409) 763-2481, ext 133 | vCard
Mr. Hewitt’s practice involves personal injury defense and civil trial law. Mr. Hewitt was an associate with McLeod, Alexander, Powell & Apffel, P.C. from 1985 to 1992, and again joined the Firm in 2005.
He has extensive experience defending personal injury cases, including, catastrophic industrial accidents, toxic torts, premises liability, products liability, and motor vehicle accidents. In addition, he has represented companies and individuals in commercial, business and construction litigation, including breach of contract, DTPA and fraud cases. Mr. Hewitt was an Assistant District Attorney for Galveston County from 1980 to 1983.
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1976)
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., 1979)
Areas of Practice
Admitted to Practice
- State of Texas (1979)
- US District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas (1987)
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation (Fellow)