gENEVIEVE BACAK McGARVEY -- FIRM OFFICER
Overview And Experience
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury, Toxic Tort, Class Action and Other Complex Litigation
- Trust, Probate and Guardianship Litigation
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
When nothing is Certain, Everything is Possible.
Genevieve has managed complex litigation for diverse clients from Fortune 500 companies to individuals of different cultural backgrounds. Genevieve has mediated hundreds of cases for diverse clients with a 90% settlement rate allowing parties to resolve their issues and avoid the financial and emotional costs of trial and appeal. She also serves the court as Attorney and Guardian Ad Litem as well as Amicus Attorney for civil, family and probate cases.
Genevieve volunteers tirelessly for local causes such as the M.I. Lewis Social Service Center, Independence Village, as well her church, where she serves as a lector and eucharistic minister and on the festival committee.
- Youngstown State University, B.S. Criminal Justice
- University of Houston Law Center, Juris Doctorate
- University of Houston Clear Lake, Mediator Training
- McLeod, Alexander, Powel and Apffel PC Attorney/Mediator
- University of Texas Health Science Center Risk Management Specialist
- University of Texas Police Department Police Sergeant
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Texas
- Mediator Credentialing Association
- Association of Attorney Mediators
- Houston Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Galveston County Mediators Association
(409) 795-2032 or (281) 488-7150 ext 132; email@example.com
Katherine Hogan -- Paralegal
firstname.lastname@example.org; (409) 763-2481 ext. 241
- Shining Star Award, Texas City/LaMarque Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Credentialed Distinguished Mediator, 2015- present
- Genevieve is a frequent speaker at state and local bar association continuing education program and prepares articles to accompany her presentations. She is also the co author of, Prescribing Narcotics: Physician Implementation of Pain Management Guidelines, with Carol E. Thompson, PhD. and Patricia D. Salvato, M.D.