dOUGLAS W. POOLE -- FIRM OFFICER
Overview And Experience
State of Texas
State of Oklahoma
US District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
US Courts of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and Tenth Circuits
US Supreme Court
failure is not an option
Mr. Poole joined the Firm in 1977, after having worked as a brakeman/conductor while attending undergraduate and law school.He engages in railroad litigation and has tried to verdict in excess of 100 railroad cases, including fourteen published appellate court decisions (Texas Courts of Appeals, Texas Supreme Court, and Fifth Circuit) and over 25 U.S. District Court published opinions. In addition to railroad litigation Mr. Poole has handled a variety of other personal
injury and business litigation cases for individuals, insurance companies, and businesses. He has experience in such diverse cases as FELA, grade crossing, employment law claims, contract disputes, mass tort, product liability, aviation, transportation, and insurance coverage litigation.
Since joining the Firm, Mr. Poole has maintained a trial docket for clients including BNSF Railway Company, Union Pacific Railroad company, National Railroad Passenger Corporation d/b/a Amtrak, Professional Transportation, Inc., Bell Helicopter and various insurance companies.
He has experience in such diverse cases as FELA, grade crossing, employment law claims, contract disputes, mass tort, environmental, product liability claims, and insurance coverage litigation.
Since joining the Firm, Mr. Poole has maintained a trial docket for clients including BNSF Railway Company, Union Pacific Railroad Company, National Railroad Passenger Corporation d/b/a Amtrak, Galveston Railway, Inc., and The Port of Galveston (Galveston Wharves), Professional Transportation, Inc. and various insurance companies.
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1974
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 1977
(409) 763-2481 ext 116; firstname.lastname@example.org
Erika Mire -- Paralegal
email@example.com; (409) 763-2481 ext. 212
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers (< 1% of lawyer population)
- Diplomat in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Named one of the Texas Best Lawyers Railroad Law (1 of 5 in Texas) by US News and World Report numerous times
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Texas by Best Lawyer’s 2013, 2017, and 2019.
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in America 2009-2022
- Named Texas Monthly “Super Lawyer” 2008-2022
- Rated “AV Preeminent” (highest possible rating) by Martindale Hubble
- Life Fellow in Texas Bar Foundation
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law since 1982 (recertified 7 times)
- Named by U. S. District Court as Delegate to the Fifth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Vice President of National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC) for Southern Region (Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, and Arizona)
- Executive Committee of National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC)
- Member of AAR Ad Hoc Committee and Tort Matters Working Group
- Teach at NARTC Trial Academy
- Licensed in all Texas and Oklahoma Courts and the U. S. Supreme Court, Fifth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeal and the U. S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Regions of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (Served on the District 5B Grievance Committee from 1992 to 1998 and Chairman from 1996 to 1998)
- Galveston County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (Vice President, Southwestern Region, 2004-2005)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)
- Attorney-Delegate for United States District Court, Galveston Division, Southern District of Texas, Fifth Circuit Judicial Conference 2004