DAVID P. SALYER -- FIRM OFFICER
Overview And Experience
- General Civil Law
- Toxic Tort
- Public Law
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
failure is not an option
Mr. Salyer, a native Galvestonian, joined McLeod, Alexander, Powel & Apffel, PC. in 1986 and became a firm officer in 1992. He specializes in complex civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury and first party litigation.
He has experience in such diverse practice areas as product liability claims, first party insurance litigation, medical malpractice defense, historic preservation law, municipal zoning law, toxic tort claims, and mass tort litigation. Since 2009, Mr. Salyer has handled several thousand windstorm claims and suits arising from Hurricanes Ike and Harvey. He has been board certified in personal injury trial law since 1998.
Mr. Salyer represents clients from individuals to corporations and organizations such as the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association, BP America Inc., and French yacht manufacturers Beneteau and Fountaine Pajot.
Mr. Salyer is also active professionally and within the community, having served on various municipal boards and commissions, and currently serves as Past-Chair of the Board of Trustees of Presbyterian Pan American School in Kingsville, TX. He is a former president of the Galveston County Young Lawyers’ Association, Galveston County Bar Association, and the Galveston Historical Foundation.
Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- B.A., The University of Texas, 1983, Plan II
- J.D., Baylor University College of Law, 1986
(409) 763-2481 ext 126; email@example.com
Amber Atkins -- TBLS-BCP, Civil Trial Law
firstname.lastname@example.org; (409) 763-2481 ext. 266
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Named “Texas Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters partner publication/insert distributed by Texas Monthly 2003, 2011 – 2022.
- Named “America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators – Texas (Southern)” 2020-2022
- State Bar of Texas
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Member (Associate) – American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel