Firm Officer, Galveston Office
Mr. Courtney is a native of Galveston County and joined McLeod, Alexander, Powel & Apffel, P.C. in 1997. He specializes in complex Civil Litigation with an emphasis on Personal Injury and Mass Toxic Tort. He has prosecuted and defended a wide variety of cases including Products Liability, Insurance Defense, Construction Claims, Personal Injury, Auto Claims, Maritime, Breach of Contract, Commercial Claims, Deceptive Trade Practices, Business Disputes, Real Estate, Environmental Claims, Indemnity, Slip and Fall, Employment Claims, Medical Malpractice, and Premises Liability.
He represents individuals, government and corporations such as BP Amoco Chemical Company, LYONDELL-CITGO Refining LP, Lyondell Chemical Company, Atlantic Richfield Company, CITGO Petroleum Corporation and BNSF Railway Company.
Awards & Honors
- Named Galveston County Outstanding Young Lawyer by the Galveston County Young Lawyers Association – 2001
- Rated “AV Preeminent” (highest rating possible) by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named in Rising Stars by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters partner publication/insert distributed by Texas Monthly 2007 – 2009, 2011
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Galveston County Young Lawyers’ Association (past President)
- Texas State Bar District 5B Grievance Committee (2004-2010)