Mr. Brown associated with the Firm in 1985 and became a Firm Officer in 1991.
He focuses his practice primarily in the areas of commercial and real estate litigation, ad valorem tax and property valuation litigation. Mr. Brown serves as legal counsel for the Galveston Central Appraisal District and the Port of Galveston. He has litigated hundreds of cases concerning appraised value and property tax exemption issues. He also serves as local claims counsel for Stewart Title Guaranty Company. Mr. Brown also advises and represents a variety of other Firm clients on commercial/real estate litigation and property tax issues.
- ABT Galveston Ltd. Partnership v. Galveston Central Appraisal Dist., 137 S.W.3d 146 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 2004, no pet)
- Lake Charles Harbor and Terminal Dist. v. Board of Trustees of Galveston Wharves, 62 S.W.3d 237, (Tex. App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 2001, pet denied)
- Appraisal Review Bd. of Galveston County, Tex. v. Tex-Air Helicopters, Inc., 970 S.W.2d 530 (Tex. 1998)
- G.E. American Communication v. Galveston Cent. Appraisal Dist., 979 S.W.2d 761 (Tex. App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 1998, no writ)
- Munson v. Mitchell, 1995 WL 705212 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 1995, writ denied)
- O & G Carriers, Inc. v. Smith Energy 198 6-A Partnership, 826 S.W.2d 703 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.]1992, no writ)
- Pizzitola v. Galveston County Cent. Appraisal Dist., 808 S.W.2d 244 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] 1991, no writ)
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation and Property Tax Sections
- Galveston County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Property Tax Professionals
Galveston Independent School District Trustee, District 4-D