Adherence to Exacting Professional Standards
The Texas Lawyer’s Creed, promulgated by the Texas Supreme Court, states that “A lawyer should always adhere to the highest principles of professionalism.” MAPA takes this mandate very seriously. The Firm’s officers and associates strive to meet this goal not merely because it is mandated by the Courts, but because it is what attorneys should do.
Active Involvement in Civic and Charitable Activities
MAPA believes that attorneys owe a duty to the community they serve. Members of the Firm and its Associates remain active in numerous local and national organizations. Past and current affiliations include:
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- National Conference of Freight Loss & Damage Counsel
- Sealy Smith Foundation
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Galveston Housing Authority
- Galveston County Historical Foundation.
- Galveston Young Lawyers Association
- Galveston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Zoning Board of Adjustment of the City of Galveston
- Rosenberg Library Board of Directors
- Galveston Symphony Orchestra
- Board of the Pilot Commissioners
- As well as numerous local boards, schools, churches and charities.